Grow your business with smart web design.
Get a website geared toward results.
Different businesses have different goals.
- If you’re a consultant, you may want more leads.
- If you sell books and courses, you may want more mailing list signups.
- If you run a brick-and-mortar store, you may want more walk-in customers.
Your goals could be different from other businesses, even within the same industry.
- A new restaurant may want to bring in more customers.
- An already popular restaurant may want to call attention to higher-profit menu items.
- An expanding restaurant may want to promote new branches.
This is why I take a goal-oriented approach to web design.
When we work together, I listen to your needs, assess your goals, and create the website that’s right for you.
I deliberately create and implement the right branding, marketing, and communication solutions for your business.
Your website is geared toward results to help your business grow.
Get a website that’s greater than the sum of its parts.
When we work together, you get comprehensive web design.
This is very different from what many other web designers provide.
Yes, I create beautiful websites. Good visual design is essential. But I take time to consider other factors, too.
Copy, content, code, conversions, SEO… I make sure they all work well together. A good website is like a symphony. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Save time (and stress). Get a complete website.
This is important:
Web design involves more than just visual design.
Some web designers are really just web decorators. They provide visual design and coding. And if they’re good at it, the website is so beautiful that it can be framed.
But does it consider your business goals? Does it serve to attract customers? Or does it merely inspire other web designers?
Web design involves more than just visual design.
When we work together, I provide you a complete website that includes everything you need to start with, from concept to launch.
Yes, this includes content strategy. Yes, this includes copywriting.
Good writing is essential.
Never neglect your copy—even if you have a great design.
If you hire a typical web designer, he’s unlikely to take responsibility for the copy. He won’t make suggestions regarding it. Sometimes he won’t even ask about it. He’s certainly not going to write it himself. So you may be tempted to think it’s not important.
This is a costly mistake that may result in a seriously underperforming website.
If you simply post your price list and reuse your brochure copy, you’re wasting your website’s potential. Good design attracts your visitors’ interest. Once that happens, good writing keeps their attention.
I provide complete websites, and website copy is an essential part of it.
Get best results with an effective web design process.
Throughout your project, I work closely with you every step of the way—from discovery to design to development to launch.
A typical project’s web design process consists of the following stages:
Here’s where I spend time getting to know you and your business. We discuss your company, your products, your services, your target market, your brand, and your goals. I look through the photos, documents, and marketing collateral that you provide. I do research not only on your business, but also on your competitors and your industry as a whole. All this is done so I can fully understand your needs.
Based on your requirements, I conceptualize the project’s overall structure. I design the information architecture—the blueprint for the entire website, and the foundation on which the other aspects will be built. I also produce the content outline—a detailed list of the sections, subsections, and content pages you’ll need to achieve the project’s goals.
User Interface Design
I construct the website’s user interface based on user personas and scenarios. I design wireframes to determine the visual structure of the website’s individual pages. The objective for this stage is to plan for an engaging experience for your visitors.
I speak directly with your audience to show them that we understand their problems, we know what they want, and we’ve got the best solution for their needs. I write compelling copy—made especially for the web—that will reel in your visitors, convey your message, and help achieve your goals.
Visual Web Design
I craft a winning website design custom-made for your business, brand, and objectives. I use layout, color, texture, imagery, and typography to communicate with your visitors, appeal to their senses, and inspire their trust. In the end, the goal is for design elements and engaging content to come together, creating a remarkable experience that will turn visitors into customers, clients, or lifelong fans.
I develop the designs into coded templates. I set up and configure a content management system. I integrate the templates. I enter and style the content. I test thoroughly. The end result? Handcrafted code that adheres to web standards and best practices. Fast-loading pages that won’t keep your visitors waiting. A website that works in various browsers and environments. Code and content that are optimized for search engines, helping you become more visible on the web.
Once I get your final approval, the website goes live. Congratulations! You now have a professionally designed website that will help you spread wonderful ideas, sell great products, and contribute value in your own unique way.
I provide a free technical support period after project completion to ensure that your website runs smoothly. I’m also there to help you learn and use your content management system.
A little attention goes a long way.
Have you ever seen a breathtaking website… that didn’t work when you later opened it in another browser?
Have you ever used a robust web application… that showed you some weird code when you tried to do something simple but uncommon?
If there’s anything else you need to know about me at this point, it’s this: I pay attention to detail. I pay great attention to detail. I pay almost obsessive attention to detail.
I put a lot of heart into the work I do. Code is carefully tested. Design is lovingly handcrafted.
In the end, everything comes together beautifully to get you the results you need.
Have all the website features you need, and more.
So what exactly do you get with a web design project?
It depends. Each project is different, and I do have to assess your needs so we can determine which features are essential, which features are nice to have, and which features are unnecessary for you. Geared toward results, remember?
But for your reference, I’m providing below a list of typical features you’ll get when you hire me for a business web design project. These are meant for local businesses, services businesses, or clients with similar website needs.
Typical project features
- Initial consultation and requirements gathering to assess your needs and specifications
- Website plan, including blueprint and content strategy
- Wireframes to determine visual structure of key pages
- Engaging copy to keep your visitors glued to your website
- Premium custom design for your entire website
- Branding that perfectly fits your business and desired brand image
- Visual web design concepts for home and interior pages
- Easy-to-use content management system that allows you to add, edit, and remove content, upload media, and maintain your website without having to learn code or ask a web designer for help
- A blog that can take center stage or be an additional section
- A contact form so visitors can get in touch with you
- On-site search engine optimization to make you more visible on the web
- Social media sharing functionality so visitors can bookmark and share your posts on Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, and more
- Google Analytics setup so you can view your website statistics and track your traffic
- Links to your social media profiles on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more
- Quality control testing to ensure that the entire website looks good and works well
- Browser testing in all major desktop browsers
- Complete installation to your server or web hosting account
- Technical support so you don’t waste hours trying to figure something out
Again, these are the typical features you’ll get when you hire me for a business web design project.
Need other features in or around your website? No problem. We can customize your project according to your needs. I’m providing below a list of example features you can add as you see fit.
Possible additional features
- Feedburner setup so visitors can get blog updates through email or RSS
- Content importing from your old website to your new one
- Custom Coming Soon page design to tide your visitors over before launch
- Custom Under Maintenance page design to keep your visitors interested even while you’re making site changes
- Custom email opt-in design to attract newsletter signups
- Events calendar for your local business
- Online feedback form so you can find out what your customers really think
- Online ordering functionality
- Online reservation functionality
- Online shop where customers can buy gift cards or merchandise
- Custom email newsletter design so you can tell subscribers about featured products, specials, events, promotions, and more
- Email newsletter template integration with your email marketing software of choice
- Custom design for your ebook or special report
- Custom Twitter profile design
- Custom Facebook page design
More customers. More sales. More business. Are you ready?
Let’s talk. Contact me today for smart web design to grow your business.
By the Way
This page is written with business websites in mind, but I’m also happy to work on projects for professionals, enthusiasts, bloggers, schools, nonprofits, and other individuals and organizations.
While I would love to hear from you, I do prioritize client projects over inquiries. For this reason, I occasionally close my contact form in order to finish responding to inquiries and continue doing my best work for clients. If the form is closed on the next page, I’m sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope you can come back another time.